So you have just gotten your wordpress blog up and running and now it’s time to setup your wordpress site. In this article I will be discussing the top 11 wordpress plugins for affiliate marketers who use the wordpress blogging platform. A lot of these plugins will get your wordpress site ready, for search engine rankings, do page speed optimization, help you with on page seo, content creation as well as help you manage your affiliate links within in your posts.
WordPress plugins for affiliate marketers list
Here are the plugins I recommend for you to get started. They are really awesome and will really help a lot to get you going really really fast.
- Yoast SEO. Yoast SEO is a great SEO tool for your blog which will allow you to do on page seo optimization. With ease and in a flash. The Yoast SEO plugin gives you recommendations of how to tweak your posts. To be more SEO friendly. Easier to read for your users and much more. The Yoast SEO plugin looks like this when you add a post to your blog. Check out the screenshots below.
The Yoast SEO plugin provides suggestions on how difficult your post is to read. How you can improve. What you can do to your sentence and paragraph structure and more. This plugin is a necessity for your blog and should be included without a second thought.
- Akismet. Akismet is an essential plugin to help secure your blog from threats. WordPress due to it’s popularity is constantly under threat from hacking attempts. So get akismet to help block malicious attacks. It may save you the pain of being hacked and losing your blog. Here is what it looks like on wordpress.
This plugin is essential to secure your wordpress blog from threats. Make sure to include it in the list of plugins to install.
- Jetpack. Jetpack is an awesome plugin which allows you to track blog stats and includes further protection along with Akismet. Jetpack actually ships with Akismet so you can simply just install this plugin to get that added security for you blog. Here is what the stats tracking looks like.
Jetpack also allows you to drill down your blog stats by region, traffic sources and more just to give you a bit more detailed information about your blog traffic.
Three more wordpress plugins for affiliate marketers
- Rich Snippets. Rich snippets is a great new feature which search engines, some platforms like Pinterest and more are starting to incorporate into their platforms. To allow more rich content to be published to their platforms. What this means is that you can structure your posts to be recipes, articles, product reviews and more and the platforms that support rich snippets will be able to display your content in a structured way. Here is just an example of a rich snippet for one of my product reviews displaying in Google search results.
As you can see this search result shows the star rating and who reviewed the product. This additional bit of information just makes the result look more appealing on the Google search page. So as you can imagine this could potentially increase click through rate to my page. Not just that, it is under speculation whether Google gives rich snippet content a boost or not. However if that is not the case currently it most certainly will be in the future. Just because Google would want to give the most content rich post a boost. So get rich snippets to future proof your blog content. Here is how the plugin itself works when you add your posts.
All you do is select the type of post it is and fill out the details. That the Rich Snippet plugin asks for. It cannot be easier to create a rich snippet.
- Optin Cat Forms. Every seasoned blogger knows that the life blood of a blog is an email list. Use optin forms to start opting in subscribers to your email list. Optin forms seamlessly integrates with MailChimp. Optin Cat Forms comes with a number of free templates you can make use of. From pop up optin forms to optin forms which you can drop directly into your posts or drop in your side bar. It also comes with a feature rich form builder. Here is what it looks like inside WordPress.
Not does it just have this feature but it has conversion tracking as well which will tell you how many people have seen your optin and how many have opted in.
Three more wordpress plugins for affiliate marketers continued…
- AddThis. AddThis allows you to add a lovely side bar to your blog for social sharing. This plugin supports sharing on a lot of social networks and supports all the major social networks you would expect it to support. Here is what it could look like on your site once installed.
This puts the sharing function as a floating box on the side of your site. Just making it super accessible for your visitors to quickly share your content. With social signals becoming more important in general do not forget to install this plugin.
- Image Elevator. Probably one of my most favorite plugins. Being someone which use screen capturing tools a lot. Image elevator allows you to paste screenshots from your clipboard directly into your posts. Hit that old print screen button and just hit Ctrl+v and there you go. Quick simple and easy. Image elevator will really help you speed up content production especially if you are doing tutorials and how to’s in your posts.
- Autoptimize. With search engines becoming more and more strict about page load speeds. Get autoptimize to speed up your page load speeds with caching and other useful features of this plugin.
Three more wordpress plugins for affiliate marketers continued again…
- WP Lead Plus X. For those who don’t know this plugin. This plugin allows you to build squeeze pages with their easy to use page builder. Can’t call yourself an affiliate marketer if you don’t have a marketing page for collecting email addresses. Get this plugin and save yourself the time and money. This plugin is ideal for new bloggers who are on a tight budget.
- Contextual Related Posts. This plugin is enormously useful because what it does is add automatic internal back links to your other posts. Which for one boosts SEO strength. As well as makes you blog more user friendly to your users who just want to move to the next related article.
- Amazon Associates Link Builder. Last but of course not least Amazon associates link builder plugin for WordPress. This plugin allows you to find products straight from your WordPress dashboard and allows you to add the affiliate links in your posts. Here is what it looks like when you create your post.
Simply type in the product you are looking for and hit search. Select your product from the dialog box and click add shortcode. Simple hey? Get this to insert your links quickly and easily.