If you have been looking for a way to make money online. Then blogging could be a good option for your if you want to start to make money online. The key principle behind earning money through blogging is creating quality content, getting traffic and monetizing your traffic. Traffic is the key to allow you to earn money from your blog. In this article on how to make money blogging I will go through all the common questions and myths which you may have regarding blogging and making money online through a blog.
Let’s first of all just run through the main step to becoming a successful blogger.
Make money blogging by creating great content
The first and most important rule if you want to run a successful blog is to create great and awesome content which can attract visitors to your blog. In order to do this there are a few basic rules of good content.
- Create long posts. If you want to up the quality of your content you should start by writing longer posts which has a lot more complete content. This could mean getting into the habit of writing posts which are 2000 words and up. Adding a lot of images and video can also help improve the quality of your actual content as well. So definitely try and add that in. The goal is to make your content as complete as possible. If you can offer your visitors a piece of content which can answer all their questions it will be considered excellent content.
- Get more traffic. Once you have your content written always reach out to any of your following. This will help you get more visits to your actual website or blog. Build more engagement with your content. Also if you did step one right you should start to see gradual improvements in your search engine rankings over time. Which too will bring in a big storm of traffic to your website or blog. Once this happens you can move on to the next step.
- Monetize your traffic. Next step is to monetize your traffic. There are many ways in which you can do this. One of which is a affiliate marketing which allows you to earn commissions from links you add into your posts. If visitors click on them and buy the products you take them to you can earn commission. The other way of monetizing could be by selling courses, services, info products or software.
Golden Tip: If you want to get the best performance. Make sure to create your content in a consistent way and create between 30 – 100 blog posts. If you are posting to a blog this is a requirement. This amount of content should allow your content to be more prominent. Which means it will allow you to rank higher in search engines.
Do bloggers make money?
A lot of bloggers don’t make any money. Just due to a few factors here are some of the reasons why you might not make money as a blogger.
- Too much competition. There could be too much competition in the niche or topic that you are trying to promote your content in. In this case you could end up struggling to rank for keywords in your niche. Which will just slow your actual traffic inflow to your blog.
- No financial intent. The content you are producing could be attracting the wrong crowd which might not be interested in buying any of the products you are marketing. In this case you can have all the traffic in the world but with no buyers you can’t make any money.
- Nothing related to sell. If you are blogging in a niche where there are no products to sell this might also create a huge problem where you will not be able to monetize your blog. So be careful of sticking to niches which you can’t find any related products to sell in that niche.
On the flip side there are some highly successful bloggers out there which make enough income not just to live comfortably but also to live extravagant and rich life styles.
How much money can you make from a blog?
If you have just started your blog or you are thinking about starting a blog then this might be a common question on your mind. It all is really relative to your niche, traffic and buyer intent in your niche. However the average situation is that you can make anywhere between $1000 – $10 000 + from your blog. Of course if you do everything right and your niche is good you could start earning a good income within a few months of starting your blog. If not you may never see any income. It is more common for bloggers to fail than for them to succeed. Usually what sets a success story apart from one which isn’t is the amount of commitment which goes into the actual process.
Treat a blog like a business you need to build it up slowly it will hardly ever just work over night. A solid commitment of at least a year is required to see any income at all. Even though some bloggers report income after just a few months the expectation usually is for income to come within one year. Due to how search engines measure your site’s authority and how they rank you the one year rule is infamous among st online entrepreneurs. If you are looking for a get rich quick business then blogging probably is not for you.
How do you become a blogger and get paid?
The first step to becoming a blogger is starting your blog. Usually you can start up a blog relatively easily with a hosting provider. Which allows you to install the WordPress platform on their servers. If you are looking for a great host check out this link: https://tangentlife.com/bluehost. Once you have signed up for a hosting account and have your WordPress site going. You will need to start creating content. If you want a more in depth article on how to start a blog you can check out my blog post. Ideally you would want to create as much content as quickly as possible. So that you can start to gather some data on how your blog is ranking. Also where traffic may be coming from.
In order to start gathering data for your blog you would want to verify your blog on webmaster tools at Bing and Google. Webmaster tools will give you data on keywords, where you rank and how much impressions your posts are generating for you. The next step would be to optimize for the keywords you are seeing in webmaster tools. This will allow you to rank for even more keywords. Using your existing posts and should start to bring you more traffic over time. Once you have generated traffic start monetizing with either Amazon Associates or some other affiliate program. Though Amazon Associates is very popular and probably the best affiliate program out there at the moment if you want to monetize your blog.
I want to start a travel blog, how much money can you make from a travel blog?
Travel blogs are very popular however monetization can be somewhat tricky. However you can affiliate travel packages and so on. The biggest challenge with travel blogs are that you need to create useful content. About destinations which you may not have images or content for. Remember copying someone else’s content could be a breach of copyright. You should always try and create your own unique content. For this reason unless you are traveling and blogging it could extremely difficult to run a travel blog. It however can be very fruitful because there is a ton of traffic which you can get from travel blogs.